A Protocol for Raising PRs

A Protocol for Raising PRs

I am by no means perfect, but here is a protocol that I like to use for raising PRs.
So once I have git pushed, clicked the button to raise a PR, and/or done it manually from the PRs page, I:

- Like to link the ticket from the Asana board
- Like to write up in as much detail as possible what the new code does and what it changes, as I really believe and feel that this is a good reflection, and it helps me to consolidate the work that I have been doing.
- Like to and ABSOLUTELY MUST review the code - this is good practice, everybody should be reviewing their own code before they are raising PRs.
- Then and only then do I raise the PR, and I ping the reviewer; some teams have auto-pings, and sometimes there will be multiple reviewers in which case there is either a group chat option or a page option; but when I have been working with only one reviewer, then I just ping them directly, if that is their preference.

And you, how do you raise PRs? Excited to be raising another PR today.

Every PR raised is a dream come true.

Every PR merged is a dream come true.

It is truly my honour to be doing this and to be serving the world in this way.

Thank you.

a marbled background. text says "raising PRs". text is place pink with a neon pink outline and shadow.


Comments