Getting Specific: Isolate The Problem

Getting Specific: Isolate The Problem

When writing code, you have to be able to specify the problem, and isolate the problem as much as you possibly can.

If you can specify the problem, and isolate all the parts of the problem, then you have a better chance of solving it, and it becomes much much easier to solve.

Keep trying to make things simple.

In this way you can get to the bitesize task. You can break things down and make things smaller. And if you can get to the bitesize task, you can make things much simpler. You can ask yourself, "what am I actually trying to do?" which is something I did especially in my first job where the tasks were ridiculously complicated due to the lack of any other available work.

Keep trying to make things simple

Keep trying to make things simple, when things get difficult. Isolating the problem makes it a lot simpler. Try to specify it as a CodeWars style problem.

This is what my mentor did for me today and it was so amazing.

By doing so we make the scary and impossible seem small and manageable.

A pink background with a green and blue cartoon image of a man coding from a side view. Text reads: let's get specific. Isolate the problem.

I really appreciate that this was done for me today.

Thank you so much.


Comments

Popular Posts